Saturday, April 11, 2020

April 13th, The Beginning of Distance Learning

Hi all 9th graders:

This week is the first week of our distance learning from Sprague High School.  My office hours are Tuesday and Thursday from 1-2.  You can connect with me then.  This first week is going to be rough as I figure this out---so be prepared for an email (or two) about how I will navigate this.

For you, there are 5 assignments this week---but don't worry, only two are written and the two written ones are personal responses.

You need to watch the first three powerpoints.  They are not boring and pretty interesting.  After you have read this content, you can begin the two assignments.

One assignment includes many mini stories (paragraph) that you will just for yourself whether they are high stress, middle stress or low stress.

The second assignment is looking at some primary documents about prohibition---which was an era when the sale of alcohol was banned throughout the United States.  You just need to look at each document or picture and tell me whether the document if for or against prohibition.   I tell you exactly what to do in Google classroom.

Don't hesitate to email me directly about your classes and if you have questions.  I'll try to answer them as best I can.

Hang in there kids!  I miss you. 

Mrs. Olsen

No comments: